Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2009
While politicians gathered in the Bella Center for the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen (COP15), the Nordic fashion industry joined forces at The Opera House in Copenhagen to participate in the 2009's most important fashion event – the first ever Copenhagen Fashion Summit – part of the NICE project.
The 2009 Copenhagen Fashion Summit started a process by catalyzing a discussion on the evolution of a successful fashion industry in a world where new business models are still required to tackle the growing sustainability challenges facing the planet and our societies.In other words: What does a sustainable fashion industry look like and what does it take to get us there?
These questions was discussed by keynote speakers such as:
- Laurent Claquin, Senior VP, Corporate Social Responsibility at PPR Group
- Julie Gilhart, Senior VP, Fashion Director at Barneys New York
- Ingrid Schullström, Head of CSR at H&M
- Christian Kemp-Griffin, Chief Mission Officer at Edun
- Vanessa Friedman, Fashion Editor at Financial Times
- Ros Harvey, Global Programme Manager at Better Work
- Marjorie Yang, Chairman of Esquel
- Peder Michael Pruzan-Jørgensen, Managing Director Europe at BSR